Thursday, February 22, 2007

Photography, really?!


Today is a day that I actually talk about photography. Verses just my mundane life. *smiles* So any readers out there. It may be worth it after all! I was looking at all my older cameras.. Most of which are TLR cameras. Others which are simple hawkeyes, or unnamed box-cameras. And wondering when I'll ever get around to doing more film photography. The cameras I want to use seem to take 620 film. Which I am just not going to find at the store any time.. Ever. Eeech. So next I get my laptop, and begin looking up said cameras, films, etc.. I came across this interesting article on 'TTV'.. What's TTV you ask? Well!

TTV stands for: 'Through the Viewfinder'. A seemingly new breed of experimentation and photography.

I am oddly drawn to this! I am unsure of the reasons as of now. Perhaps because it's cold outside and it gives me a reason to shoot at anything. Whether it be inside, or outside. Perhaps simply because it is new. I don't know. But.. Funfunfun. Okay, okay.. 'We don't get it.. Elaborate, Angelé!' Okay.. Well basically, to make this as short and easy to understand as possible, you take a TLR camera. (In my case I used my Argoflex Seventy-Five that I recently acquired from 'Savers') Then I took a cereal box. (knock off of Honey Nut Cheerios, of course..) Hacked it to bits.. Then taped it back together to create a 'light-less'-like-tunnel.. Basically looking like this. :) You aim your camera through the 'top', using a macro lens (If you have one. I don't, and it still works for me. I do what I can) Ta-dah!! Picture after picture of funness! Now.. Granted I have only done a few things.. I would love to toy around with portraits this way. Though I am sure that they would have to be sitting. I.. Don't have a ladder.

Anyway. This is TTV and what it looks like.. If you are interested, or have any questions. Either comment here or drop me an email. As for now? I'll link my flickr gallery that has plenty of other TTV photos in it. If you'd like to take a peek. After said link. I'll be linking helpful sites for anyone interested. And here they're listed.


Thank you -- And good night! (hee)

1 comment:

Annadriel said...

U have some really cool photo work! Excellent.